Such a bad, bad blogger am I! The entire month of January is over and I didn't have one single entry.
I kept meaning to post the rest of the Thanksgiving and Christmas photos and never did. So I've just resigned myself to the fact that I may never get caught up. So it's best to just start posting regularly so you family and friends know we still exist and forget about last year's news.
So what did happen in January? Here are a few that I can think of right now.
1. Christian turned fourteen years old. I can hardly believe he is that old already. He comes up to me almost daily (and sometimes multiple times a day) to stand next to me so that Troy can determine if he is finally taller than I am. I think he is perhaps 1/2 of an inch shorter than I am and will no doubt catch up within a month or two. Time for me to invest in some stiletto heals, perhaps?
2. More of Christian's news - He was thrilled to advance from Deacon to Teacher at church and take on new responsibilities, one of which includes him being home teaching partners with Troy. Another first for Christian was getting to go to a stake dance! Troy and I talked to him quite a bit beforehand about proper etiquette, being especially kind and respectful to all girls, how to slow dance appropriately, topics of conversation, etc. We heard back from the Young Women leader that the girls in her car discussed the boys on the way home (of course, lol!) and mentioned Christian especially and said he was very good at making conversation with the girls and was very nice to them all.
3. Anna was one of the few third graders invited to be on the math team at her school. When it comes to competition time, she probably won't get to compete unless there are not enough fourth graders that qualify. But that's okay because she just loves going to the math team meetings and learning more.
4. Both Emily and Anna began learning to sew last year and they now often sit across from me in our sewing room/office and work on doll pillows or other fun projects on one of my other sewing machines.
5. I was asked to serve in another calling at church. I am still the leader for Activity Days (girls from age 8-12 have bi-monthly activities to develop their talents, testimony and skills). But now I'm also the Personal Progress leader for the Young Women (girls age 12-18 working on goals and projects in 8 different areas). I enjoy working with the girls in both groups. But I especially enjoy the Activity Day girls since Anna is a part of that group and Emily will be this year.